In this podcast episode, Rebecca talks about Google’s ever changing search engine results pages (SERPs). To be successful in today’s world of online marketing, we need to keep track of the changes to search intent and the organic search results themselves, as well as, the real estate used for Knowledge Graph information, traditional organic search listings, and PPC ads.
Rebecca’s Search Examples
- Make better decisions when selecting keywords. Looking at search volumes is not enough.
- Review Knowledge Graph usage often, as this is constantly changing.
- Consider search intent and validate it matches your intended usage for a given keyword phrase.
- Singular vs. plural can once again make a huge difference, so watch this close.
- Revisit keywords often, because search intent shifts. Medical and technology are great examples of frequent shifts.
Links and Mentions
Google CTR in 2018: Paid, Organic, & No-Click Searches
Today’s Episode Sponsor
A big thank you to Ahrefs for sponsoring season two of the SEObits podcast!
Ahrefs is Rebecca’s go-to SEO tool for all things backlinks. She uses it for reviewing client backlinks, as well as deep diving into their competitor’s activity to discover new linking opportunities.
As mentioned in the show, Ahrefs is offering an exclusive giveaway to podcast listeners.
Every 4 shows, one listener will win a Lite Annual account to boost their own SEO performance! Send a tweet @ahrefs and @rebeccagill to tell us why you’d like to win this giveaway.
If you enjoyed this podcast episode, please consider sharing it on social media or leaving us a review on iTunes.