In this podcast episode Rebecca talks about the fundamentals of quality SEO and what matters in today’s world of online marketing. She starts with a Google quote that is the basis of her SEO strategy:
Search engine optimization is often about making small modifications to parts of your website. When viewed individually, these changes might seem like incremental improvements, but when combined with other optimizations, they could have a noticeable impact on your site’s user experience and performance in organic search results. – Google’s Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide
Let’s break that Google statement down into chunks, because there are some really good points in there that we need to review together:
The first is the fact that Google states SEO is about making small medications. This is important because Google is clearly stating SEO isn’t a one-time event. SEO is a journey and not a destination. There is no big red easy button that can be pushed or consultant voodoo that can purchased. SEO is a long-term process that you execute over time.
The next important piece is that Google is calling out and specifically mentioning the user experience. Quality SEO has a beautiful blend of optimization for both search engines and the human visitor. You cannot have strong SEO without having a very good understanding of your visitor, staying focused on their needs, and working diligently to create a positive experience for these users.
Quality SEO is only successful if you optimize for both search engines and the human visitor. Click To Tweet
Rebecca’s Five Points on SEO
- SEO is a journey and not a destination. SEO is something you do over a long period of time.
- You cannot outsource SEO and expect your consultant to do everything for you. While he/she can perform many technical SEO tasks on their own, they will require you – the website owner – to be an active participant in the process. This is because no one knows your target demographic better than you. And no one is in a better position to serve them than you.
- Anyone can learn SEO and execute successful search engine optimization. It isn’t a matter of if you can do learn SEO, it’s a matter of how much time and effort you’ll apply to this process.
- SEO is hard work. But SEO is worth every minute you allocate to it.
- SEO is really about planting seeds and working daily to nurture growth so it is sustainable. This means you spend time planting seeds and these seeds will literally produce growth for years and years to come.
- Google’s Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide
- iThemes Training
- Rebecca’s Private Facebook Group SEO Launchpad
If you enjoyed this podcast episode, please consider sharing it on social media or leaving us a review on iTunes.