In this episode, Rebecca reviews her SEO process and talks about the importance of establishing structure within online marketing.
Rebecca’s SEO process is broken down into three core stages. These are research, planning, and execution.
Phase 1: Research
- Start with questions about you and your target market
- Review your existing data in tools like Google Analytics, Google Search Console, or SEMrush
- Research competitors in tools like SEMrush and SpyFu
Phase 2: Planning
- Build a seed list of possible keywords
- Pull search volumes from tools like KW Finder
- Score keywords for Relevance – i.e. how closely do they match your target demographic and offering
- Select your focused keywords or those keyword phrases you want to rank for in search
- Create a sitemap for keywords – identify one keyword phrase per existing or future URL
Phase 3: Execution
- Write long form, high quality content
- Optimize content for both SEO and usability – i.e. short paragraphs, subheaders, bullets
- Promote and link build – i.e. share on social media, internal linking
- Reverse engineer success and repeat
In next week’s podcast episode Rebecca will dig into the first step in research. She’ll review what questions you need to ask about yourself, your offering, your target marketing, and what your target market needs to be successful.
Need a Great Takeaway to Keep You On-Track?
You can use Rebecca's process flow guide to make sure you don't miss any critical SEO steps.
If you enjoyed this podcast episode, please consider sharing it on social media or leaving us a review on iTunes.